Just spent the last 5 days reading various blogs and websites that are covering the Harlequin Horizons furor. Okay, I’m not going to get into my personal opinion of this, but if you feel the desire to spend a few hundred hours on the internet to further your knowledge of publishing, vanity presses, self-publishing and human nature when confronted by personal and professional insults (e.g. the “car crash but can’t look away!” stoush involving Ms Nora Roberts) then here’s a few sites covering it:
- Smart Bitches Trashy Novels (be prepared – there’s over 700 comments here but well worth the read!)
- Dear Author (which includes the response from Harlequin rep, Malle Vallik)
- Jackie Kessler (succinct summary of the whole thing)
- Pub Rants (agent’s take on it)
- Chip MacGregor
- and my personal favorite that made me scream with laughter, Small Beer Press.
And now, enough rubber necking. Back to my edits.